Friday 11 March 2011

How do you perceive me? The 1 Word Meme

I was sat on my bed this morning doing my prayers and my mind started to wonder to conversations I have had with online friends recently.  Basically it seems as if there are some people out there who have some very odd (but nice) perceptions of me.  They think things about me that I would never have guessed.  In the last week I have been referred to as super-blogger, uber blogger, ethical blogger, most positive blogger.  All very lovely and have boosted my confidence a good amount but would I ever have guessed people would think such things?  Well no.

This got me thinking about an email I received a few years back, one of those circular things that I normally hate but this one I loved and have never forgotten.  It was about the power of positive affirmations and how knowing what positive things others think of you can boost your own self-esteem.  It talked of an inspirational teacher who got all her children to write one positive word down to describe the other children in the class and then they had to hand them in.  The teacher then collated all the positive words for each child into a special sheet for them and handed it to them to read and keep.  They learnt that their peers saw them in ways they had never imagined and it had an immense effect on them.  The story goes that one of them died and a number of them attended the funeral and it was found that they all still had their lists 20 or so years later as they had been really touched by this loving gesture.  Did this really happen?  Who knows, but I love the sentiment of this story and therefore it does not matter to me if it was real.

Well, what about if us bloggers and virtual friends did something similar?  How marvellous would we all feel to learn these new facets of ourselves that we did not know existed.  Someone may say I am inspirational (another one I have heard about myself a few times recently) and me being me I would say 'no not me' but what have I done there?  Rubbished their opinion and that is not right, only they know if I have actually inspired them to do something.  If people are kind enough to give us a compliment we should be gracious enough to accept it.... and why not go one step further and actually go out and ask for it?

Well that is what I want us all to do.  I am creating a meme, called the 1 Word Meme and I would love for every one of us to be able to collate all the the positive words left by our real life friends, virtual friends and fellow bloggers so that we each have a sheet of positive affirmations to treasure and boost our self-esteem.

Now your bit - I would love to know how you perceive me?  I just ask for a 1 word comment please.  I'll start you off, Michelle/ Mummy From The Heart...  is -  and leave your comment below.

Because this is a meme I have to tag people and challenge them to do the same.  I know it will not come naturally to people to ask for compliments from others but I hope that you like me enough to want to make my meme a success.  Not because I will feel good or it may boost my inlinks or any such rubbish (don't link to me if you think like that)  but because I know that it will be amazing to have a whole community of bloggers who are feeling really good about themselves.

So who I am tagging to do this meme?

The Boy and Me  because she is a new bloggy friend and a teacher, who showed interest when I tweeted about this

Multiple Mummy because she is a new twin mummy blogger that I would like to know more about

Two Become Four  because she is a superstar and needs to believe it

Mum in the MadHouse because she has had a very tough time of late and needs some cheering up

Thinly Spread because everyone will have the most wonderful things to say about her

Rosie Scribble because I love Rosie, her story is amazingly inspirational

Kate Takes 5 because she is a seriously talented and funny writer, she runs a listography meme which I am crap at but would love to do...

All About The Boys because it always appears to me as if Karen is as hard on herself as I am on me and frankly she needs a break from it and to hear how great she is

The King and Eye because she is one of the most beautiful and helpful bloggers I have ever met


I thank everyone who takes time to comment or partake in this meme.  You are what make the parenting blogging arena really amazing!  Let's go share some love...

Just realised I am away for the weekend so I will miss many of the posts that come out of this meme.  Thus in the spirit of blogging I am putting a linky up.  If you link up your 1 word meme post I will come and visit and post my 1 word for you.  I do not want to miss any.... 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...