Monday 23 April 2012

#InnerTruth - No Wise Words!

Sometimes there is nothing to say, no wise words to share, you just have to get on with it and that is where I am at. As Nike would say 'Just do it...'.



I have had an enjoyable week, towards the end of it I was at a conference in Manchester and the food was superb but there was far too much of it and of course I indulged. By the second day I felt pretty sick and had indigestion as well as a sore throat and headache.  I think I have literally overdosed on food to be honest.



So I woke up Saturday and I vowed to be different.  I ate 3 meals, I had nothing but half an apple in between and I was a misery guts.  I really do go through withdrawal when I cut down, my kids and the friend I had round probably wondered what on earth was going on.  Mich feeling run down and cutting out unhealthy foods is not a particularly attractive sight.  But it is short lived and of course worth it, I'll get beyond it and I will be 'in the zone' and then I can start to shift some weight and head towards the healthy weight that I should be.

On 2nd January I posted here like I do most Mondays and I made some commitments and said I wanted to shift about 4 stone before BritMums Live, that is now only 10 weeks away and when I weighed today I see that I am only 1lb lighter than I was back then.  17 stone 8lb is a very hefty and unhealthy weight.

Things must change......

Here is what I need to do -

  • Be in bed for sleep by 11pm each night
  • Eat 3 meals a day and only healthy snacks in between if anything
  • Before I pick any food up, really question myself if I am hungry or if I'm eating on emotions or feelings
  • Exercise a minimum of 3 times a week
  • Pray every day and remember to hand my eating problems over to God
I am not re-inventing the wheel, there are no great surprises here, it is just a reminder for me of the things to do, the things that work for me.

Praying you all have had a great week.  Mich x

Linking up with Liska at #InnerTruth, you can to! 

Image Credit
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...