Wednesday 5 January 2011

Reasons To Be Cheerful 1,2,3 - Every Friday, Come & Join In....

I am submitting this post as part of the BMB carnival being held over at Bringing up Charlie on Tuesday 15th February.  There is bound to be a good show, so go and take a look!

Tim set us the task to submit a post to him which tells you what we are passionate about and in fact I wrote a recent post about my passion to help others.  I try to help in any form I can, I do not claim to be great at it, I just try my best with what I have.  One of the ways people tell me I am helping them at the moment, is to help them look on the bright side of life.  Specifically in my new weekly link up - Reasons to be Cheerful 1,2,3.  I know there is a lot of cynicism in the blogging world and many people think that weekly link-ups, meme's (call them what you will) are just done to attract inlinks and move you up the ranks.  Yes that is a great little bonus but it really is not the motivator.  Read below and discover my motivation...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that I am completely blessed in my life and that ultimately I am a lucky lady.  So I feel that in 2011 I have to remind myself of this on a regular basis. Also, when I feel thankful I tend to find it is a tonic for my soul and the positivity just oozes (great word) out of me. Result! The best medicine for a negative day is to remind yourself of what you are grateful for.

Some of you dear readers who have been round a while will know that every so often I do a post entitled Grace in Small Things and then I list why I am feeling grateful at that point. I first thought to myself that I would put more effort into this in 2011 and then I re-thought and wondered about starting a linky post that everyone could join in with each week. Not only do I love to feel thankful myself, I like to read about others being grateful too, lots of good feeling just makes my smile even wider!

What do you have to do?

I have decided to rename this weekly linky post, as 'Grace in Small Things' is predominately a faith based title as Grace is of course what Jesus extends to us without us deserving it at all but I know that many people do not share my Christian faith. I wanted to make this accessible to all so I have decided to rename it 'Reasons to be Cheerful 1,2,3'  and just ask that you do a short post listing 3 reasons why you are thankful at that point.

The reasons can be anything, the post does not have to be long and eloquent, it is not supposed to be something that becomes a battle for you to complete.  It is a short task that I guarantee will make you feel better for doing it.

Why Join in?

Do you know what I believe are two of the fundamental keys to happiness? One, is to choose to be happy and the other is to want what you already have!  Endless seeking of things, money, status, time or anything else will never fulfil you! This is where the gratitude comes in....

Have you ever watched the film Pollyanna?  It is marvellous, I would definitely recommend it.  It is about a little girl who looks on the bright side of everything. This is something I aspire to.  Here is an example of one of my thoughts today 'My car got pranged on Christmas Eve and now it has to go in to be fixed, what a pain' and the Pollyanna slant on that 'at least it was not written off and I still have a car!'.

So, when is the Linky Live?
 
I will do my 'Reasons to be Cheerful' post on a Thursday evening and post it about 10pm, the linky tool will be on that post.  You can link up any time that week. (I am posting late on a Thursday so that any of my overseas friends can join in on their Friday too).
 
Any Rules?
  • No None!
  • I would love to say you have to follow me and take my badge and jump through a hoop but the honesty is that this is something I want to do, as I will enjoy it and if you like my blog you'll follow anyway.
  • However, it would be super fab if you fancy visiting and commenting on any other people in the linky list, as this will encourage them for next time. Encouragement has to be a close second to gratitude for making you feel good.
So that is it!  My new idea.  I commit to persevere with this for a full year.  I do hope you will join me on this journey....... My first post will be up Thursday night ready for anyone to link up with....



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...